Draymond Green and Klay Thompson will be joining the reigning MVP to give the Golden State Warriors a trio of All-Stars for next month’s midseason NBA showcase in Toronto.
The West coaches’ choices for the reserves were announced Thursday on TNT, a week after the starters as voted on by fans were revealed, a group anchored by Stephen Curry.
The rest of the reserves for the West, to be coached by Gregg Popovich, for the Feb. 14 game:
- James Harden of the Houston Rockets
- Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers
- Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Hornets
- DeMarcus Cousins of the Sacramento Kings
East coach Tyronn Lue of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the East coaches left his Kevin Love out of his choices, opting instead for a frontcourt of reserves anchored by first-time All-Star Andre Drummond of the Detroit Pistons.
The rest of the East team:
- Jimmy Butler of the Chicago Bulls
- DeMar DeRozan of the Toronto Raptors
- Paul Millsap of the Atlanta Hawks
- Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat
- John Wall of the Washington Wizards
- Isaiah Thomas of the Boston Celtics
The reserves were selected by the head coaches in each conference, who had to vote for seven players: two guards, three frontcourt players and two additional players at any position. They weren’t allowed to vote for players from their own team.